The New York State Arborists,
International Society of Arboriculture Chapter, Inc.
is an association of professional arborists and educators that promotes public interest, fosters research and education in the care and benefits of trees, shrubs and their environment. Membership affords an opportunity to associate and exchange valuable information with other arborists and professionals who are interested in the care, maintenance and conservation of woody ornamentals.
2014 Fall Conference
Mark Your Calendar for the 2014 Fall Conference
Join us on September 28-29 at the Holiday Inn Liverpool (near Syracuse) for this outstanding professional development event.
You will have the opportunity to:
> Share your expertise with other arboriculture professionals
> Explore the latest products and services in the Vendor Area
> Network with your colleagues from across New York State
> Earn DEC, ISA and CNLP credits
Thank You Sponsors
> North American Training Solutions
>Tracked Lifts Inc.
2014 NYS Tree Climbing Championship Wrap-up
Under a brilliant blue sky and in perfect weather conditions, 20 climbers participated in the New York State Tree Climbing Championship at Planting Fields Historic State Park in Oyster Bay. The competition consisted of five challenging events-the Work Climb, Aerial Rescue, Throwline, Belayed Speed Climb and the Secured Footlock.
Congratulations to Lawrence Schultz of Central Park Conservancy in Brooklyn, NY as the 2014 Masters Challenge. He will represent New York State in the International Tree Climbing Championship, August 1-2 in Milwaukee, WI.
Congratulations to all of our climbers for competing in the 20th Annual NYS Tree Climbing Championships:
Special Thanks to Our Tree Climbing Competition Sponsors!
• Almstead Tree and Shrub Care Co., LLC
• ArborMaster® and their affiliated partners: Husqvarna, Buckingham Mfg, Oregon®, Samson, Silky, and Vermeer (TCC Climbing Kit Prize Package)
• Bandit Industries Inc.
• Bartlett Tree Expert Co.
• Bill Miller & Assoc., Inc.
• Birchcrest Tree and Landscape, Inc.
• Davey Tree
• Fanno Saw
• Long Island Aboricultural Association, Inc.
• Teufelberger Fiber Rope Corp.
• The Care of Trees, Inc.
Gold Leaf Sponsors
• Agrium Advanced Technologies, Inc.
• Sunburst Tree Experts, Inc.
NYSA is grateful to all of the Committee Members, Judges, Techs and Volunteers who contributed to make this year’s competition another fun and exciting success. Thank You!
Invasive Pest Tips
- Don't Move Firewood Poster.pdf
- Don't Move Firewood Factsheet pdf
- Alien Invaders are Hiding in Your Firewood Article pdf
Here's how to help STOP THE SPREAD of insect pests:
- Leave firewood at home–do not transport it to campgrounds or parks.
- Use only firewood from local sources. "Local" means from less than 50 miles. Firewood is commonly available at or near most campgrounds. It's a small price to pay to savethe trees in your favorite campground.
- If you have moved firewood, burn ALL of it before leaving your campsite. Do not carry firewood from one campground to another.
Emerald Ash Borer Quarantine Information
August 2011 - Orange County has been added to the DEC eastern New York quarantine area (Ulster and Greene Counties). Read this Emergency Quarantine Order. This amended Order includes updated rules and regulations consistent with the NYS Department of Agriculture and Markets quarantine.